Family Day Home Educators
Family Day Home Educators are warm, mature persons who are able to provide a stable, nurturing environment for children. Educators will work in partnership with Parents and Family Day Home personnel to ensure children learn and develop in a positive home environment.
Who Is A Family Day Home Educator?
A Family Day Home Educator is a warm, mature individual who opens her home to care for infants, toddlers, pre-school and school-aged children while their parents work or attend school. A Family Day Home Educator is self-employed and operates under contract with a Family Day Home Agency, who in turn contracts with Region 4, Central Alberta Child & Family Services Authority.
What Is A Family Day Home Program?
A Family Day Home provides a child care arrangement most like home. Children are cared for in a safe, healthy and stimulating family environment. Opportunities are offered for small-group play, as well as lots of individual attention. At any one time family day home program educators may care for a maximum of six children not including their own. These restrictions allow the Educator to meet the needs of each child.
Advantages Of Working In Your Own Home:
- Be home with your own children
- Contribute to household income
- Work flexible hours- part time, full time, or shift
- Take advantage of tax deductible expenses
- Develop your own strengths- organizational skills, creativity, time management, flexibility
- Manage your own business.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide references
- Complete security clearance
- Obtain medical or physician’s note
- To become certified in First Aid in Child Care
What To Expect From The Family Day Home Agency:
- Placement of children
- Parents fees collected and paid to educator
- Back-up care arranged for illness or vacation
- Regular home visits and mentoring
- Ongoing training and support
- Workshops and annual Family Day Home Conference
- Resource lending library
- Level 1 on-line orientation course for childcare staff
- Educator networking opportunities: participate in social functions, community days (field trips, parks, flower planting, Collicut play space, etc)
- Make available a reasonably-priced personal liability insurance policy
New Dimensions is always looking to recruit qualified individuals who are prepared to make a commitment to a career in child care. If you are interested in opening a family day home under our licensed agency, please complete the application below, and one of our friendly staff will contact you soon!
[contact-form-7 id=”951″ title=”Become a Family Day Home Provider”]